To see #19, click here.
I show you these pants to affirm that things aren’t always hunky dory around here.
1. I thought I could whip these up in minutes so I was trying to go to fast. (First big mistake).
2. I used the pattern for the 4 year old instead, without thinking because I was going to fast.
3. I used the measurements for the 2 year olds waist (which was good), but it doesn’t work so well when you use a 4 year old pattern. Way too baggy at the hips.
4. While cutting them out I placed the back pattern piece (and later the front pattern piece) with the outer leg seam on the side seams already on the pants. This is good, unless you cut both layers together this way. What happens is you end up with a back and a back and a front and a front connected to each other at the outer side seams. This makes a big mess with the waist band and the inseam. I don’t recommend trying it.
5. To top it off, I cut them too short because I was in a hurry and didn’t want to measure. So they are a really weird length for her.
Moral of the story, SLOW DOWN AND THINK FOR A MOMENT!