So flattered that you are here and want to learn a bit more about me.
I am Cami – owner, photographer, writer, decorator, (and pretty much everything else) of the blog, TIDBITS.
I named my blog TIDBITS after grabbing a can of pineapple TIDBITS from my food storage. No joke.
It was followed by an ah-ha moment, where I figured it would be a good simple name to represent a blog about bits of this and bits of that.
I’d like to share 4 things with you, about myself:
- My Passions.
- My Blog
- My Family
- My Faith
While I may be passionate to a fault about some things, here are a list of things that fuel my fire (minus my family and faith, because I’m going to talk more about those in a bit).
- Nothing gets me quite as excited as remodeling a space with my husband, who is super handy with his power tools. We love to take a room from blaaa to ahhh, and we try to DIY everything we can. Then I love to fill a space with thrifted finds, antique treasures and meaningful items. Simplicity is key for me, and the color white. I like to define my style as a mix between a farmhouse in France and a cottage on the coast. Start HERE to get a good idea of my decorating projects.
- I discovered my love for photography about 3 years ago, with my first DSLR camera. I realized I began to see the world differently. I began to notice the beauty around me every day and I try to capture those moments when I can. HERE are some photography projects I’ve taken on to help improve my skills.
- Good Food
- I love good food, especially feeding my family good-for-you foods. You know if I’m posting a recipe, I am pretty excited about it. See more of my recipes, HERE.
- Teaching my Kids
- I’ve found great joy in sharing my passions with my children and teaching them skills such as sewing, cooking, creating and the basics of life. See some posts about that, HERE.
- Inspiring others to create
- This is where my blog comes in. It has been rewarding to me beyond words to be able to take my passions and share them with others in the hopes of inspiring them to fill their lives with things they enjoy as well. I love that I can do this through blogging.
Let’s talk a bit more about that.
I started this blog in 2011, just with the purpose of having a hobby and after discovering a few home decor and sewing blogs. I thought it seemed like such a neat way to connect with others who have the same interests and share what I knew with others. My blog has most definitely changed through the years, and I am so pleased to be able to now bring in a full time income through my blog to help support my family – all while being a stay-at-home mom. It can be super stressful at times, but we have learned to work through those moments to get back to a balanced life, and I am forever grateful that I can stay home with my babies and help pay off our mortgage at the same time! This couldn’t happen without all my supporters – so THANK YOU for being here today!
My greatest joy in this life is most definitely my family.
I met my husband working on a dude ranch in Wyoming. It was the summer of love 😉
He played the cowboy and took guests for horse back rides, and I served up the grub. It didn’t take us long to hitch up!
We traded in our Wranglers for 4 beautiful children, and are blessed beyond words.
At the root of everything I do, is my faith.
I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, more commonly known as “The Mormons” – due to The Book of Mormon, which is another Testament of Jesus Christ in the Americas (you can order your own copy for free, here).
Have you heard of “The Mormons”? The longer I live, the more misconceptions I realize the world has about members of this religion.
There are many inspiring messages found on those websites (even my kids love to watch them!)
This one specifically touches my heart.
You can download this video here.
Thanks for being here and taking the time to get to know me better. I love to hear from my readers, so feel free to take a minute to send me a hello and tell me about yourself! I hope to offer you some inspiration here at TIDBITS, and I hope you’ll enjoy exploring around!