Easily preserve your Christmas memories in a photo album or memories book. Such little effort for such a treasured family keepsake! Let me show you how I do mine!
*This post is sponsored by Basic Invite. All opinions, pictures, and content are my own.
With the Christmas season coming to a close for the year, I wanted to work to preserve some memories while it was still fresh on my mind.
You could create a Christmas memories book in so many ways, but I was excited to discover a couple of resources that are helping me create this new tradition and beautiful keepsake.
Best of all – it is going to be so crazy easy every year, and I just might be able to stick to it! Let me share with you what I have done.
First of all, we took some fun pictures around our Christmas tree. I simply propped up my tripod, set my camera timer, and hoped for the best! I don’t know if it is because my kids are getting older, but I was so pleased with how smoothly it went. We had just a few silly shenanigans.
Then I quickly designed some Christmas cards from the best holiday cards section of Basic Invite.
This was the first time I have tried Basic Invite for cards. I couldn’t believe how customizable and user friendly the website was. You can change almost every color and element in their designs and make them look so great with the color scheme you are going for. I was truly amazed!
Then I noticed you could print and buy samples! This is where I got really excited. I wanted to create a beautiful card with each kid’s pictures for their own keepsake book. So I searched their merry xmas cards and found a good collage layout, and changed the colors and elements to coordinate with each of their outfits.
They turned out so cute and the paper and print quality was better than any other service I’ve tried. I can honestly say that! I am so pleased and I believe I have found my go-to Christmas card service for life!
I know I am a little late in posting this to inspire you to make Christmas cards, but feel free to check out all the other card making services and templates they have. I love the idea of using their dinner party invite templates for many occasions!
You could still technically send out New Year’s cards, but just using their option to print samples for your own Christmas memories album is a great idea to do now.
As for the book I am using, Promptly Journals came out with a new Christmas Memories book just this year. I jumped right on it and bought one for each of my kiddos for Christmas. (I’m not sure if they still have the Christmas books, but they have several other journals to love!)
For each year they have spots for pictures and a simple page with writing prompts to journal your experiences, gifts, memories, and more.
I am really quite terrible at keeping up with photo albums and journaling, so I jumped for joy at this book that makes it so easy each year. We will just bring the books out with our Christmas decor and add to it for years to come until it is full!
I hope I’ve inspired you to record some Christmas memories while it is fresh on your mind. I’m sure we will all be glad we did!
DISCOVER MORE ABOUT BASIC INVITE
Here is some helpful info about Basic Invite you might enjoy:
- Almost Unlimited Colors – Basic Invite is one of the few websites that allows customers almost unlimited color options with instant previews online. Once you select a design, you can change the color of each element on the card. With over 180 colors to choose from, you can make sure the card is exactly how you want it. This is what sets us apart from almost any other online stationery company.
- Custom Samples- Basic Invite is one of the few websites that allows customers to order a printed sample of their actual invitation before they place their final order. They can see the paper quality and how it will print in real life and make sure the card is perfect.
- Over 40 Different Colors of Envelopes- Basic Invite has over 40 different envelope colors to choose from. With so many options, customers can make their envelope match the invitation. All of Basic Invite’s envelopes are peel and seal so the envelopes can be closed quickly and securely.
- Address Capturing Service- Basic Invite offers an address capturing service that allows customers to share a link on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or any other social media to request their friends and family’s addresses. The addresses are stored in the customer’s account and can be selected during the design process. Basic Invite offers recipient address printing at no cost on all card orders.
- Foil- Foil cards are available in gold, silver, and rose gold. Customers can choose flat or raised foil on all of Basic Invite’s foil designs.
- Right now Basic Invite is offering 15% off with coupon code: 15FF51
Want more memory keeping inspiration from TIDBITS?
I would love your help in getting this post seen! Please take a minute to PIN THIS POST! Thank you!
Leave a Comment