Bring in the glorious smell of Fall with this all natural Fall Room Spray. Spray it in your home, on your clothes, in your car and wherever you want to smell Fall!
You could decorate your home for Fall all day long, and something would still be missing if your olfactory senses were not awakened with smells of pumpkin pie spice, crisp mountain air, or baked goods.
I want to share my favorite way to make an all natural room or linen that help me ring in every single season. All you really need is water, a spray bottle, and your favorite essential oil combo!
WHY USE ESSENTIAL OILS FOR A ROOM SPRAY
Many folks love to burn Fall candles, and they do fill a home with a lovely Fall scent. However, due to some of our families chemical sensitivities, I have been unable to burn candles in our home for years.
I have embraced essential oils for their purity and lovely natural scent. I love to diffuse oils and typically have a diffuser in every room in order to make our home smell delightful for all seasons.
You can read more about my thoughts about essential oils on my post “My 6 Favorite Essential Oils I Couldn’t Live Without.”
There are so many ways I use my room sprays.
- Keep them in the bathroom for an all natural refresher
- I spray them on our sheets daily
- You can spray down our countertops before wiping
- I keep a bottle in the car to freshen it up
- I’ll spray on my clothes just as I head out the door
- I’ll spray on the furniture to make the room smell fresh
- and more!
HOW TO MAKE ESSENTIAL OIL ROOM SPRAY
Making a room spray is so easy! You really only need 3 items:
- A GLASS SPRAY BOTTLE: Essential oils store best in glass, and are even better preserved in an amber glass bottle. I love these large ones for keeping around the home, and these small bottles for throwing in my car.
- WATER: You’ll want to fill your bottle up almost to the top with purified or filtered water. I love to use my beloved filtered Berkey water for this, so I don’t get water spots where I spray anything.
- ESSENTIAL OILS: Finally, you’ll need your essential oils of choice. I will share all about my favorite blends for Fall.
- OPTIONAL WITCH HAZEL: Having a product like witch hazel is said to help disperse the oils into the water more evenly. You can opt to add a squirt or two into your bottle with the water and oil, but I have decided I don’t need that. I just prefer to shake up the bottle before I spray every time and I get a nice even scent clear to the bottom.
MY FAVORITE FALL ESSENTIAL OIL BLENDS FOR A ROOM OR LINEN SPRAY
I played around with my essential oil stock and came to love how beautiful these 3 oils smelled together:
Every time I spray, someone comments about how it smells like I’ve been baking! It is the perfect Fall combo with a little bit of sweet, a little bit of woodsy, and a little bit of spicy.
For the larger 16 oz. bottles, I used about 10 drops of cinnamon, and 20 drops of orange and pine. The cinnamon is very strong and I didn’t want it to overtake the others. It feels like a perfect balance.
For the 2 oz. bottles, I only used about 3 drops cinnamon, and 10 drops pine and orange.
If you want to get even more creative with your oil blends, I created several that are still my favorites on this post all about my 10 Favorite Fall Essential Oil Diffuser Blends. You could easily use these for a room spray as well.
You can suit this room spray for any season, much like I did for Summer in my All Natural Essential Oil Citrus Room Spray.
WHERE TO BUY ESSENTIAL OILS
Whenever I write about essential oils, I get asked where I buy my oils. Honestly, you have many options. I’m sure you’ve heard of the popular MLM companies such as Doterra and Young Living. I have oils from both companies and have been happy with them.
However, I don’t love that I have to be signed up as a consultant to get the better pricing. I discovered a much better resource for pure essential oils at Rocky Mountain Oils.
I found I could get pure oils at the same or better prices than the MLM companies I had signed up for as consultants for wholesale pricing, and you don’t have to spend so much every month in order to get that pricing.
It’s always great pricing and you can buy how much or how little you want, when you want. Their constant freebies and perks are great too!
Even better, is that every bottle has a test number where you can look up and verify the purity and test results. It feels like a company I can trust! Learn all about them here.
I hope you enjoyed this post and I hope you get a chance to make your own room spray! If you love this whole concept, gear up for gifting season by making my Holiday Room Spray and gifting them with my free cute labels.
You can also make a quick and easy label with my favorite Dymo label maker – which I often do for all my homemade sprays and cleaners.
Please pin this post and help me share it! Thank you!