Let’s go over my favorite non-toxic laundry products and detergents, that won’t leave your skin irritated and that actually work!
I’ve had quite the journey learning about non-toxic and more natural products for our home.
While my passion was born out of necessity, I’m so grateful to have discovered these 4 natural and non toxic laundry products that are so much better for our health, environment and skin.
I hope to save you years of experimenting, by offering you our absolute favorites that accomplish all these things for me:
- non toxic laundry products that leave our clothes smelling clean
- non toxic laundry products that actually work and get our clothes clean
- non toxic laundry products that have natural ingredients
- non toxic laundry products that don’t irritate our skin
- non toxic laundry products that won’t break the bank
WATCH THIS POST
To hear me talk in greater detail about each one, please watch my video.
MY NON TOXIC LAUNDRY DETERGENT OF CHOICE
While I’ve tried many brands and even tried to DIY our own laundry detergent, I have found the most success with this brand called DEFUNKIFY.
I recently discovered this brand when I was trying to find out why our clothes smelled kinda funky with all the natural detergents I was trying.
I’ve been using this detergent for over a year and am so pleased with how wonderful our clothes smell – naturally. I have been so excited about it, I tell all my sisters and friends when the topic comes up.
You can also choose to get their free and clear – which have no scents.
I particularly love the fact that this detergent works great with cold water. That is better for our clothes and helps to reduce our usage on our propane tanks.
I opt to buy it straight from Amazon and stock up when I can. I like their liquid detergent best, but if dry works better for you they have that too.
NON TOXIC LAUNDRY PRODUCTS FOR SOFTENERS AND STATIC CONTROL
I adore wool dryer balls! You can get them on Amazon too.
Wool dryer balls work great for many reasons:
- They speed up dry time because they help toss your clothes around and circulate air
- They reduce static, naturally
- They are reusable and can last for years
- You can add more natural scent to your laundry by dropping essential oils on the wool dryer balls
My favorite combo is to do a drop of lavender, lemon and peppermint essential oils. I also like any citrus smell and for cold months I’ll add cinnamon or clove essential oils to the ball. Here are the places I like to buy essential oils for this:
NON TOXIC LAUNDRY PRODUCTS FOR WHITENING
Bleach is out of the question for me – it makes me so so sick! I also don’t like to have it in my home and worry about kids getting into it.
But sometimes our laundry needs a bit of whitening power and I’ve found great success with these natural bleach alternatives.
That is really all I have in my collection of non toxic laundry products. It is truly all I need!
Keeping your laundry products natural and simple is such a sanity savor, and finding ones that work for your family can save you so much in the long run.
I hope you enjoyed this post. If you would like to read about other natural products and changes we have made in our home, you may enjoy these posts as well:
- European Farmhouse Laundry Room Reveal
- How to clean as slipcover
- Essential Oil Blends to Diffuse
- Berkey Water Filter Review
Thanks for reading! I would be grateful if you would help me out and pin this post.