Have you been dreaming of this pressure cooker Chocolate Vanilla Syrup since seeing the Multigrain Pancake Mix?
My kids sure have. I showed them the picture and one of them immediately started whining, “Why won’t you let us have that on our pancakes?!” Ummm . . . sweet child of mine . . . that’s been your pancake syrup for the past 3 weeks. So what they were actually referring to, is that I was denying them the Chocolate Vanilla Syrup waterfall on their pancakes . . . mean mom 😉
If you own our Master the Electric Pressure Ecookbook, you’ve hopefully already fallen in love with the Coconut Vanilla Syrup on everything from pancakes to yogurt to ice cream and beyond! If you haven’t yet, YOU MUST TRY IT SOON! And if you haven’t discovered our ecookbook yet, this recipe will make it 100% worth the purchase!
Well that and the Ham Wrapped Avocado Egg with Lemon Sauce and Parmesan Tomatoes . . . be still my heart! If you’re a part of our Facebook group, you already know I talk waaayyy too much about that one 🙂
While I won’t claim this syrup is necessarily healthy, like if you covered your pancakes in pureed kale and chia seeds (ewww), but I’m absolutely claiming that it is health-ier than the pancake syrup you typically use. Let’s break it down.
This syrup is naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup. Then it gets all creamy and nutritious with the addition of lite coconut milk. Let’s not forget cocoa and it’s antioxidant powers. Then it just gets crazy delicious with a hit of vanilla and a pinch of salt. So YES! Health-ier and divine!
But wait there’s more. The little dollops of cream on top of them there pancakes needs a moment because they are also bursting with strawberry flavor and completely naturally sweetened with freeze-dried bananas! I’m so serious.
The dollops of cream are flavored and sweetened using freeze-dried fruit! Freeze dried fruit gives more intense flavor, which is awesome, but the best part is that it also stabilizes the cream. Your cream will stay nice and thick in your fridge for at least 5 days. It also makes great “butter” for your toast, muffins, or whatever your heart tells you to put it on. And it’s soooo simple to mix up, it hardly needs a recipe.
Naturally Sweetened Strawberry Whipped Cream
Throw the following ingredients into a blender:
- 1/2 cup freeze-dried bananas
- 1/2 cup freeze-dried strawberries
- 2 cups heavy cream
- a splash of vanilla
Then blend on high until thick, about 20-30 seconds. Add more bananas for more sweetness and swap the strawberries out for blueberries for a delicious twist!
Now be sure to head over and grab the recipe for our Multigrain pancake mix, and round up your ingredients for tomorrows breakfast.
Whole grain pancakes + Health-ier Chocolate Vanilla Syrup + Naturally Sweetened Strawberry Whipped Cream = Breakfast that looks and tastes indulgent but leaves you feeling fabulous and ready to conquer the world!
- 14 oz can lite unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- pinch of kosher salt
- Add coconut milk, maple syrup, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt to the pressure cooker pot. Whisk until the cocoa powder is combined well into the liquid. Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use a natural release for 10 minutes and then release any remaining pressure.
- Using the saute function, simmer 5-10 minutes, stirring often, to thicken slightly. If there are bits of cocoa powder, pour syrup through a fine mesh sieve into a Mason jar and top with a Mason Jar pour cap. Could also pour syrup into a blender and blend until the bits of cocoa powder are pureed in.
- Store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Syrup will thicken as it cools. Shake well before each use.