This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. I only recommend items I love and have had a positive experience with. Thank you!
I was able to make 1 sheet of cardstock and a small stack of printer paper yield 4 mini books.
-Cut your paper to the size you want. Fold the cardstock down the middle where you will sew.
-With your printer paper evened up, stitch right on that fold. Keep those papers secure in your fingers while you sew so they don’t shift.
-Be sure to back stitch at the beginning and end.
-Crease all the papers along the previous fold and where your stitch line is.
That’s it! But you will need a new sewing machine needle now.
For the coloring pages, get online and print all the free Halloween pictures you want.
Stick in a few crayons and it doesn’t get easier than that.
For the ghosts you only need a small sheet of white felt and some black paint.
1. Make a pattern on the fold of a paper.
2. Give it about an inch around your finger.
3. Using your pattern, cut the shape on 2 pieces of felt.
4. Stitch around the ghost leaving the bottom open. Be sure to backstitch.
5. These are super easy to mass produce. Sew them back to back so you don’t have so many threads to clip.
6. Using the back end of a colored pencil, dab it in some black paint and make two dots for your eyes.The pumpkins are just about the same as the ghost.
Just a few more steps.
2. Cut out your pattern in felt, 2 pieces for each pumpkin.
3. Cut a strip of green felt for a stem.
4. Insert the stem inside the pumpkin on the top middle section. Sew around the edges leaving a small gap for turning and for the finger at the bottom of the pumpkin.
5. Using paper and a knife, cut out a simple pumpkin face and use it as a stencil for painting.Wallaa.
If you have an electronic cutter (I own the Silhouette SD) these shadow puppets are so quick and easy. Just cut your shape out of cardstock, and hot glue it to a stick.
But you can of course make simpler shapes with scissors or an exacto knife.
For the bean/rice bags –
Group them in a cute package and give them to your class, grandchildren, your kids friends, or hand them out as party favors.
And you will have had a lot of fun making them.