This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. I only recommend items I love and have had a positive experience with. Thank you!
Pamper yourself! Lavender is excellent for your skin and body. Try one of these 20+ ideas for using lavender in your self-care routine.
Oh lavender, why do I love you so much? Maybe it’s because of your amazing fragrance, gorgeous flowers, or the many health benefits you contain.
No matter the reason, I’ve got a real thing for lavender! Of course, what can you expect from a gal who started a lavender farm? I love using lavender any way that I can!
Today, I’m sharing a fabulous list of 20+ ways that you can use lavender for your skin and body. Let’s get started!
Table of contents
- How is Lavender Good for Your Skin and Body?
- Ways to Use Lavender for Skin and Body Care
- 1 – Lavender Sugar Scrub
- 2 – Homemade Lavender Lotion
- 3 – Simple Lavender Salve
- 4 – Lavender and Lemon Sugar Scrub
- 5 – Lavender Face Cream with Lilac and Violets
- 6 – Lavender Sugar Body Scrub
- 7- DIY Body Wash
- 8 – Chamomile Lavender DIY Body Wash
- 9 – Whipped Lavender Body Butter DIY
- 10 – DIY Lavender Massage Oil
- 11 – Homemade Lavender Cleansing Grains: Facial Cleanser, Mask or Scrub
- 12 – DIY Lavender, Rose and Oatmeal Milk Bath
- 13 – Oatmeal and Lavender Hydrating Body Wash
- 14 – DIY Lavender Shower Steamers
- 15 – DIY Homemade Deodorant with Lavender
- 16 – DIY Whipped Lavender Body Butter
- 17 – Homemade Lavender Calendula Skin Balm
- 18 – Whipped Lavender Sugar Scrub
- 19 – Natural Lavender Body Balm
- 20 – Honey and Lavender Night Cream
- 21 – Simple Lavender Body Oil
- 22 – Homemade Lavender Body Butter
- 23 – Linen Lavender Eye Pillows
- More Lavender to Love
How is Lavender Good for Your Skin and Body?
Lavender can be a wonderful part of your daily self-care routine! Let’s look at what makes it so great:
- Antibacterial and antiseptic properties – Lavender’s antibacterial properties can help cleanse skin to prevent and treat minor infections. Think acne, blemishes, scrapes, and bug bites.
- Wound healing – Due to its ability to fight bacteria, lavender may help promote proper wound healing, growth of healthy tissue, and better outcomes for scars.
- Anti-inflammatory properties – Lavender’s anti-inflammatory properties can help soothe skin inflammation and irritation from things like eczema, psoriasis, sunburns, and insect bites.
- Antioxidant properties – Lavender’s natural antioxidants may help fight free radicals and reduce signs of skin damage like fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, and hyperpigmentation.
- Headache Relief – Lavender aromatherapy may offer a natural remedy to headaches and migraines.
- Pain Relief – Topical applications of lavender essential oils can also be used to reduce minor aches and pains.
- Sleep Aid – One of the benefits of lavender oil and lavender-containing products is improved sleep. Lavender may help reduce insomnia and help you sleep peacefully.
- Reduce Stress – Lavender is famous for its ability to reduce stress. Many people find that lavender calms their nerves and helps improve their mood.
Ways to Use Lavender for Skin and Body Care
Now, let’s look at some creative ways to put lavender to good use in your skin and body care products. I think you’re going to love trying these out!
1 – Lavender Sugar Scrub
Our first idea comes from Crissy at Frist Day of Home. Her Lavender Sugar Scrub would be great way to exfoliate and moisturize dry skin. Best of all, it’s simple to make and can be whipped up in no time!
2 – Homemade Lavender Lotion
Elizabeth from At Home on the Prairie will show you how to make a Homemade Lavender Lotion recipe. This lotion is light, creamy, moisturizing and the perfect way to use lavender for sensitive skin.
3 – Simple Lavender Salve
The Simple Lavender Salve from Stacy over at No Fuss Natural sounds like a must try! It’s a soothing to the skin and smells amazing. And did I mention it only requires 4 ingredients?!
4 – Lavender and Lemon Sugar Scrub
The scent of lavender and lemon were made for each other. If you need a great gift idea, this Lavender and Lemon Sugar Scrub from One Little Project sounds like the perfect way to treat yourself or someone you love.
5 – Lavender Face Cream with Lilac and Violets
The Nerdy Farm Wife has a recipe for a Lavender Face Cream with Lilac and Violets that sounds wonderful! She’ll show you 3 different ways to make this soothing lavender skin cream.
6 – Lavender Sugar Body Scrub
We’ve got a Lavender Sugar Body Scrub up next from Nicole at Wonky Wonderful. All you’ll need is some oils, sugar and lavender. A simple and beautiful way to add lavender to your skincare routine!
7- DIY Body Wash
Jenni Raincloud has a great looking DIY Body Wash recipe to share with you. You can add any essential oil you want to this gentle body wash – you know I’d recommend you add a few drops of lavender oil!
8 – Chamomile Lavender DIY Body Wash
Doesn’t an all-natural Chamomile Lavender DIY Body Wash sound divine? Hop over to Life-N-Reflection to get the recipe and try this dreamy mixture for yourself.
9 – Whipped Lavender Body Butter DIY
Another great idea for incorporating lavender into your skin care routine would be with this Whipped Lavender Body Butter DIY recipe. Soap Queen will show you how it’s done!
10 – DIY Lavender Massage Oil
Doesn’t a relaxing massage with some sweet-smelling lavender oil sound fantastic? Loving Essential Oils has a recipe blend for making a great DIY Lavender Massage Oil that will have you feeling like you just left the spa!
11 – Homemade Lavender Cleansing Grains: Facial Cleanser, Mask or Scrub
This recipe from Live Simply for Homemade Lavender Cleansing Grains looks like a good one! Use it as a mask, a cleanser or a scrub to experience the benefits of lavender for your skin.
12 – DIY Lavender, Rose and Oatmeal Milk Bath
I can’t wait to try Modern Homestead Mama’s DIY Lavender, Rose and Oatmeal Milk Bath recipe. It sounds like a great addition to a nice, relaxing bath at the end of the day.
13 – Oatmeal and Lavender Hydrating Body Wash
If you like nourishing, all-natural ingredients, you should check out this Oatmeal and Lavender Hydrating Body Wash from Thank Your Body. It’s made with jojoba oil and other fantastic ingredients to moisturize and soothe your skin with lavender goodness!
14 – DIY Lavender Shower Steamers
Fancy a little aromatherapy? Kim and Kayla from A Life Adjacent have a recipe for DIY Lavender Shower Steamers. They sound so luxurious and relaxing! Click over to their website for all the details.
15 – DIY Homemade Deodorant with Lavender
Here is another goodie from Live Simply. We’re talking DIY Homemade Deodorant with Lavender. If you’ve wanted to branch out from commercial deodorant products, this homemade version made with lavender and tea tree oil might be right up your alley!
16 – DIY Whipped Lavender Body Butter
Lavender is a natural fit for skin and body care products. This DIY Whipped Lavender Body Butter from Afropolitan Mom is a rich and soothing combination of lavender oil, coconut oil, and vitamin e oil.
17 – Homemade Lavender Calendula Skin Balm
Lavender and calendula are both great for the skin, so you know this Homemade Lavender Calendula Skin Balm has got to be a good one! Thanks to Mindful Momma for sharing the recipe!
18 – Whipped Lavender Sugar Scrub
Next, we have a Whipped Lavender Sugar Scrub shared by Laura from Our Oily House. I love a good sugar scrub and this one is definitely going on my must-try list!
19 – Natural Lavender Body Balm
You’ll want to checkout Tanya from Lovely Greens Natural Lavender Body Balm. Made with shea butter, beeswax and a combination of oils, this balm sounds amazing!
20 – Honey and Lavender Night Cream
Honey and lavender are always great combination! For something a little different, try the Honey and Lavender Night Cream from Premeditated Leftovers.
21 – Simple Lavender Body Oil
Stacy at No Fuss Natural has done it again! She’s sharing another great way for you to use lavender oil for your skin. Her Simple Lavender Body Oil is made with only 3 ingredients, and it will leave your skin feeling smooth and moisturized. Gotta love that!
22 – Homemade Lavender Body Butter
You can never have too much body butter, can you? Forging Magic has a quick and easy recipe that’ll have a batch of Homemade Lavender Body Butter ready for you in no time!
23 – Linen Lavender Eye Pillows
Enjoy all the aromatherapy benefits of lavender, by making these adorable linen lavender eye pillows – tutorial by yours truly.
More Lavender to Love
Well, my friends, that was quite the list of ways to use lavender for healthy skin! I hope you found something in this list that you’d like to try.
Let’s keep the lavender train rolling. I’ve got several other great articles about lavender for you to read. Feel free to take a look around!