Try this nutrition-packed healthy chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie bowl next time you are craving something cool and chocolaty. This recipe includes the addition of two frozen vegetables that can be a creamy and healthy base for any smoothie combo. Get ready to blow your mind with smoothie potential!
Are you a smoothie lover? In our home there are basically 2 seasons. Soup season and smoothie season.
WATCH THIS POST
We eat smoothies any time of the day. Breakfast, snacks, lunch and even dinner!
I don’t hide it from my family that there are veggies in their smoothie. In fact, they rejoice that they are getting veggies without having to taste them!
I’ll be making smoothies all spring and summer, so let me know if you want me to share more of our favorites. I’ve already shared a couple on the blog and they are always a hit.
How to Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Bowl with Veggies!
The ingredients for this smoothie bowl recipe are pretty simple and packed with healthy nutrients:
- almond milk
- frozen banana
- frozen zucchini
- frozen cauliflower florets
- peanut butter (sugar-free preferred)
- cocoa powder
If you want, you can also add protein powder, chia seeds, or flax seeds for additional healthy boosters!
I make homemade almond milk with the help of Almond Cow. Use code TIDBITS for $15 off your order! However, you can use any kind of milk or liquid base you prefer.
Then I gather all the ingredients and place them in our Kitchenaid blender. I place the frozen ingredients in the blender first, then top it off with the milk, peanut butter, and cocoa powder.
If you want it thicker, which is better for smoothie bowls, add some more frozen bananas or frozen veggies. If you want it thinner for a drink, add a little more milk.
What are the best smoothie bowl toppings?
The kids love adding their own toppings, which makes this smoothie bowl as kid friendly as can be. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Peanut butter
- Honey drizzle
- Peanut butter drizzle
- Sliced bananas
- Chocolate shavings
If you like this chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie bowl recipe, you may enjoy these recipe ideas too:Print
Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Bowl (with Veggies!)
- Prep Time: 3
- Cook Time: 2
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1-2 1x
For the smoothie:
- 1 cup milk (almond, cashew, dairy, kefir, etc.)
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup frozen zucchini
- ½ frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter (sugar-free preferred)
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons of Cocoa Powder
Peanut butter drizzle
- If you want it thicker, which is better for smoothie bowls, add some more frozen bananas or frozen veggies. If you want it thinner for a drink, add a little more milk.
- Drink in a cup or pour into a bowl and top with your favorite toppings for a delicious smoothie bowl.
- Be sure to quarter and freeze your overabundant zucchini harvest for smoothies all year long!
- Eat smoothies frequently? Buy extra bananas every week and freeze them!